Monday, August 10, 2009

Sharp Family Vacation 2009

I have officially experienced my first Sharp family vacation-and I had an awesome time! They always make me feel right at home and part of the family, I couldn't ask for more. This year the get-a-way was at Brian Head near Cedar City, and we stayed at a huge, beautiful cabin.

Josh & I had to leave a day early in order to get back to work, but we got a lot in while we were there. We went mountain biking a few times (i'm getting a little better at controlling the bike! haha), 4-wheeling, hiking, fishing, and much more. It was gorgeous up there-I got some great pictures but unfortunately nobody will get to see them! Here is why: On my last day there I was attempting to delete a few old pictures off my camera to free up some space, only I accidentally deleted ALL the pictures. I was so bummed! I have a few that i'll post of the last day...but thats the best I can do. Jacob & Brydi (Josh's brother & sister-in-law) were in charge of this vacation and did a great job. They organized a fun game called 'The Amazing Race' for the little kids, and then the adults did one the next day. The little kids were put into teams and each had to find a certain amount of items to put in a bag-the first ones done won! The adults we were put into teams of 4 and given 15 minutes at each station (there were 3 stations).

Station 1: We had to put a puzzle together, then once completed you had to put rope up and down each others clothes and then transfer M&M's from one bowl into another with a straw.
Station 2: 2 people on bikes went back and forth from filling up buckets of water at the bottom of the hill to giving them to the person at the top of the hill, filling up a bigger bucket.
Station 3: putting together a Lego contraption that had instructions to follow.

Unfortunately, my team got 3rd place (last)! I was disappointed...I thought we did good! Josh's team got first place....but I have bragging rights that my team beat his in the physical station. This game brought out my competitive side for sure. Then on Sunday after church we had a pool tournament and a horseshoe tournament. We were in teams with our significant other for the horseshoe tournament (Josh & I didn't make it past round one....dang it all). Then we were put into random pairings for the pool tourny, I was with his brother, Zac. Zac & I made it to the championship, But....we had to leave early to drive home so Zac had to recruit a new partner for that last game. As you can see, I had an absolute blast! I had a great time, and it was fun getting to play games and seeing everyone get competitive with one another :) I can't wait to see what next year has in store for us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}