Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cows, Cowboys, and....boating.

This weekend was another adventure to add to the books-I'm starting to love that little town they call Orangeville. When I finally got down there on Friday night, Josh & I visited one of his friends at their family reunion to see him propose....it was cute, and brought back all the fond memories of our engagement :) After that we left and met his family up in the canyon and went camping overnight. It was my first time going camping in a trailer instead of a tent-and let me tell you something-thats the way to camp! I was the first one up in the morning, as usual, and to my suprise there was a small herd of cows in our campsight. I, as you know, am from the city-so I wasn't in my comfort zone to say the least. I finally had to wake Josh up so that he could chase them away....I thought they were going to charge at me! (in the picture below its hard to see them-cause it was on my phone-but you can see the one black cow in front).
After my encounter with the cows, we rode back to his house on the motorcycle-pretty, pretty ride-then we got ready to go boating. This was my second time boating this summer and my second time trying knee boarding-(Kari-Josh's sister-is a saint for teaching me!). It was way fun, but needless to say my kneck has been rather sore since then from my handful of times crashing. No pain no gain, right? That night I was delighted to get to go to a rodeo. It was great to see Emery County in its true colors-I had a great time, and my favorite was watching these people get dragged behind a horse. I'd definitely never seen that event before. But hey-you learn something new everyday.

That night we were off on another adventure called: spotlighting. Josh drove around Orangeville and I aimed this big spotlight into open fields hoping to see some deer. There weren't as many out that night, according to Josh, but we still found quite a few of them in the fields. The next day we went to church-and had a big family dinner to celebrate Josh's brother's birthday. It was a great weekend as always and a nice break from wedding planning! Speaking of which-the big day is next month! I can't believe it....we move down to Orem in a couple of weeks and after that time is sure gonna fly by! This weekend i'm off on my first 'Sharp Family Vacation'-then I have dubbed next week, 'The Week of The Wedding Showers' because I have 3 wedding showers! It's gonna be crazy amounts of fun, I can't wait!

Life is good, summer is good, and we couldn't be happier :)

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}