Monday, October 7, 2013

Busy Bee's

We have been super busy at our house lately. It seems like we have been busy since we moved into our new house, which makes sense. We knew what we were getting into, but it was so worth it!

Last week I had parent-teacher conferences....yuck! It is hard being at school for 12 hours straight, 2 days in a row. At least it's over :) Beckett & Josh had good bonding time while I was working my long hours.

Because of parent-teacher conferences we got last Friday off of school. Yippee! Beckett and I spent the day together. We ran errands, played, and did some art projects.
We had a family date night downtown. We had dinner at Market Street & dessert at Bruges Waffles & Frites!





After we took the night off as a family we got to work on Saturday working on our house. We have the goal of getting our basement fixed up before this baby girl is born. First up is the living room. Josh did a great job and had a lot of patience getting all of the nasty old wallpaper off! We got the room prepped and painted. I have had my lifetime fill of painting since we bought this house. It's amazing what paint will do to a room, makes it feel completely different. Here is a look at the basement family room, it isn't put back together yet. More before/after pictures to come.
It was conference weekend and food always comes with conference weekend! I spent a lot of time in the kitchen, and also got my last batch of canning done :) :) I made marinara sauce, yum! I am not a fan of canning, to say the least, but the end product is worth it!

Here it is, terrible two's. I thought we were gonna luck out and Beckett wouldn't draw on foreign objects, but no, we got to experience it. Here is a picture of the bandit in action. He barricaded himself with the stools and colored on the tile. Good thing we got it off!

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}