Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall Break


This year my fall break was a little longer, I had Thursday, Friday, AND Monday off. It was awesome. We filled the break with lots of fun things to keep us busy.
Thursday, Beckett and I ran errands. We went to my 24 week doctor's appointment. Beckett helped the doctor set up the monitor to listen to baby girl's heartbeat. She is healthy and growing! We went to Costco afterwards and while we were sitting down to some pizza, Beckett had a nice conversation with a cute little old lady. Sometimes Beckett is super shy and sometimes he will carry on a conversation with anyone, you never know what you're going to get. Unfortunately, my car wouldn't start after that (luckily I just needed to get my battery replaced, which was an easy fix). The picture above was snapped while we waited for Josh to save us.







Friday we had our annual girls day (girls day until Josh joined us at the end), at Gardner Village's Witchfest. We shopped around, looked at all the funny witches, and had lunch at Archibalds. It's a fun October tradition and Beckett always has a good time because there tends to be lots of sugar involved.




Saturday, Josh and I were able to spend some time at the temple. Afterwards, we went to the 'Farnival'. My parents neighbor's have a son with disabilities that has spent a lot of time at Primary Children's Medical Center. Every year for his birthday they throw a fundraiser for Primary Children's at their house. They had a petting zoo, games, food, train rides and much more. It was fun to get B dressed up in his Woody costume and he had a ball on the train. To finish of the night we went to dinner with some friends. It was a good Saturday.
I'm not sure I would classify Sunday and Monday as fun, but it was a new experience. It was potty training time. We tried last spring to start potty training Beckett but he wasn't having it. We took a break and waited for him to be ready. The last few weeks Beckett has been telling us when his diaper needed to be changed, so we knew he was ready. I just had to wait for a time when we were actually home for a while. On Sunday we stayed in the house the majority of the day and he was watching movies next to his little potty. He did really well in the morning, especially with all the cheering he got from us and candy rewards. After his nap we put his new undies on, I think the feeling of having underwear on made him forget to use the potty, so we had a few accidents but he was still catching on well. Monday morning he was still at it, doing good so we decided to go on a walk and to run a few errands. He wore his undies the whole time and didn't have ONE accident, I was a proud mommy :) We are still working at it, we haven't begun to start working on naps and night time, that will come later. Regardless, it's a big step and Beckett is turning into a big boy before my eyes!

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}