Sunday, September 15, 2013

Our Week In Review

We've had a lot going on in our household this week...so why not document it? My parents went out of town last week for my dad's business trip. While they were away on the weekend, Bree stayed at our house.
 We ran some errands and got Beckett a new fish, his name is Blue.
 We spent a lot of time dodging the rain. It has been raining a ton lately! Beckett has enjoyed the rain puddles. As a boy, you can't jump in too many puddles. It's just not possible.
We took baths. We like staying clean....especially after jumping in rain puddles.
Last weekend Beckett decided to start climbing out of his crib. As a result, we switched the front part of his crib out to make it a toddler bed. We had 3 days of h-e-l-l trying to get him adjusted, it didn't help that he came down with a cold at the same time. He literally was up about every hour for three nights in a row. However, after the 3 days he adjusted and has been sleeping in his new toddler bed ever since. He hasn't gotten up in the night at all. Hallelujah! It's amazing what a good nights sleep will do ya'.
We have been canning like crazy people at our house this month. We had planned on it with our flourishing garden. We have a small peach tree and it produced a lot of peaches. I was able to make Peach Freezer Jam, Canned Peach Pie Filling, and Canned Peaches. With our vegetables I canned salsa and Josh canned Pickles Green Tomatoes. I wish I could say we are done, but with the next round of tomatoes coming on I will be canning Spaghetti Sauce. It will be worth it later....or so I tell myself.

My cousin, Gillian, is on the varsity soccer team at Judge Memorial. They had a game against Woods Cross H.S. so we went over to the game and watched. It was nice to get out of the house and root for Gilly!
Last Friday was my school's annual faculty salsa competition. We all bring our salsa's and at lunchtime we judge them. The categories to win are: Most Unique, Best Overall, and Hottest. This is my 3rd year entering and I finally won! Woop Woop! I actually didn't even make it....haha, it was my mother-in-law's canned salsa. It has sugar in it which gives it a sweet flavor. I better start practicing my salsa's for next year.


Saturday night the hubs and I went on a hot date. He took me to the Thai food restaurant, Sawadee, which is downtown. Neither of us had been there before but we wanted to try something different. Boy, are we glad! The food was uh-mazing. Like seriously delicious. Josh said it is probably his new favorite restaurant. I can't wait to go back. After dinner we went to the exhibit at the Leonardo, '101 Inventions that Changed the World'. It wasn't exactly what we expected, but it was interesting and fun to get out for the night! My parents are troopers, always willing to watch Beckett for us. He loves it over there....he actually gets upset when I pick him up. He is never ready to go home!
I'll end this post with a picture of the cutest little boy in the world (whether biased or not). Happy Sunday!

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}