Sunday, September 1, 2013

Gender Reveal

I have been counting down the days....literally....waiting for the doctor visit revealing the gender of baby #2. That day finally came last Friday. My appointment was at 3pm so I rush over right after work. We went into the doctor's office and he started the ultrasound. He checked the baby for a while, looked at it from all angles. Baby was moving a lot, hands were buzzing around (just like Beckett was). Finally, the doctor started looking for the gender. I could tell he wasn't sure for a while because of the angle of the baby. After a while I could sense that he had an idea but wanted to make sure. Finally my patience wore out and I asked him if it was a girl. He said he thought so but wanted to make sure. After looking for a few more minutes it was confirmed.....baby #2 is a GIRL! I was happy, grinning, and shocked at the same time.

I have been leaning towards a girl this whole pregnancy but wasn't going to be too surprised either way. With having Beckett I am obviously more comfortable with a boy and so when he told me it was a girl I was flooded with newness. A baby is a baby, but life is going to be different around here with a boy and girl....rather than 2 boys. Regardless, I am ecstatic! It is going to be so fun and Beckett will be a great older brother.

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}