Friday, July 5, 2013

Our 4th of July

Our 4th of July festivities are always full of similar traditions. We started off our day with the Centerville 5k (our 3rd time). Josh got his best 5k time yet....way to go babe! (This picture was taken AFTER the race, so please ignore our sweaty yuckiness).
 We then headed to the Centerville City parade. Beckett wasn't sure about the loud honking horns of the fire engines at first, but he warmed right up once candy started to be thrown.


 After the parade and hanging out at the park (where Beckett got his first frog), we went to my parents house to take a break from the heat and chill out. My mom made some super cute watermelon cookies and we ate those along side some delicious watermelon. We also decided to make some homemade strawberry ice cream. I don't think it gets better than homemade ice cream!

 You can't celebrate the 4th without fireworks, right? We usually go to Davis High, as we did this year. The firework show was great. My mom and I felt like super dorks with our backpack chairs. Like my mom said, we were just missing our glasses and pocket protectors ;)

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}