Sunday, July 8, 2012

San Rafael Triathlon

This year we embarked on our first triathlon competition. We have been training for the last little while and were as ready as we were going to get for it this year. We also convinced my dad to do it with us as well (Josh's brothers Ryan & Jacob also did it....it was their 3rd time).

We got up BRIGHT and early Saturday morning, 5 a.m. to be exact. We got to the race around 5:30, it was at Huntington Lake which is about 15 minutes east of Price. We got our transition stations set up, got our wet suits on and waited nervously for our start times. The men's sprint started 5 minutes before the womens so I got to see them all start. We had to jump in the lake at the end of the boat dock and wait for the whistle. The swim was 1/2 mile long. I felt great in the swim but the boys hated it. After the swim you had to run up the boat ramp to your transition station, undress & get your biking gear on. I was able to make good time in the swim because that is my strong suit. We then had a 15 mile bike ride and finished with a 5k run that you ran around Huntington Lake. My dad schooled everyone in the bike ride & Josh killed th run....we all have our different strengths. Once said and done I think we all had a lot of fun and definitely want to do it again next year.

The stats:
Josh: finished in 1 hr 41 minutes. Finished 2nd in his age group & 20th overall!
Poppa Stapley: 1 hr 43 minutes. Finished 1st in his age group!! He finished 24th overall.
Me: 1 hr 48 minutes. I finished 2nd in my age group & 9th overall.

Now is the sad news. After the race I was looking at pictues of us all while we were competing and I accidentally erased ALL of the pictures on my camera! I was so upset. Now the only pictures to remember the experience were the random ones taken from people's phones.


 Also....after the race we went boating for a bit. Beckett looked so cute in this speedo sun hat we found.

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}