Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Re-Fashioning

Thanks to Pinterest I have had many crafts on my to-do list. My latest inspiration was to take old clothes or items I don't wear anymore and make them into something new. I have re-fashioned 2 items so far and have loved the outcome!

The first was an old pair of AE capris. I really liked how they fit and they were comfy but the length of the capri was really awkward so I never wore them. Instead of capris, I made them into bermuda shorts. Luckily raw-edge jeans are in style so I didn't have to sew at all. All I did was cut them off at a good length for me and rolled them up. Wallah!
BEFORE:
 AFTER:
 The other item was an older maxi dress I had. As many of you know I am a bit of a giant so after about 1 wear this maxi dress became too short. So.....I cut off the top of the dress. I then measured my natural waist and sewed on a thick elastic waistband. Now I have a cute maxi skirt!
BEFORE:
 AFTER:


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Those look cute! You go girl.

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}