Tuesday, November 9, 2010

We're having a baby!

Yes, you read it right...we are having a baby! We are so excited and can't wait to welcome baby Sharp. I'm due May 13th and I have a feeling that it's going to get here a lot sooner than I expect.

We waited until my 12-week appointment to tell anyone, to make sure the baby was healthy and everything was rolling smoothly. Once we got the thumbs up we let the secret out. It was really exciting and I think most everyone was completely shocked. My side of the family was probably the most suprised, probably because i'm the oldest kid, no grandkids or great grandkids yet so it's the first!

Our 12-week appoint was fun. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat and it was a little surreal. I almost didn't feel pregnant until that day because I didn't feel different and I certainly wasn't showing yet...but once I heard the little heart beat it all became reality. So yeah, that leads me to the topic of pregnancy. I have been totally lucky, no sickness or anything! I was only a tiny bit nausiated for a few weeks, but i've never thrown up or anthing. The only difference is i've been a lot more hungry. I don't really crave anything crazy, just random stuff like waffles. Mostly, its just that certain things aren't good to me anymore....like cereal. Anyways, thats the update! 13 weeks down.....27ish to go!

And here is my 12 week pic.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

This is still so crazy to me... I can't believe one of my friends is going to be a mom!! Are we seriously that old?! I'm really excited for you tay, I hope the pregnancy continues to go well! Can't wait to see that little prego belly over christmas time :)

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}