Sunday, July 26, 2015

Pioneer Day & Orangeville Days

We had a busy weekend! It was the weekend of the 24th, so we celebrated Pioneer Day and went to Orangeville to celebrate Orangeville Days.

First, we went to the Bountiful Pioneer Parade with my side of the family. It's a fun parade and the kids love it. We have started the tradition of going to the parade and then El Matador after and that's exactly what we did!



The next day we headed down to Orangeville. As soon as we got there we went to the park where they had kid bike races according to age. We missed Beckett's age group but he got to race at the end for fun. They had a lamb fry dinner and then more fun activities. We went to the bleachers where they were starting the pig chase. A few years ago Josh won and so some of the adults were talking about doing it. They did the kids first and then called out any women over 18. I decided to do it this year with my sister-in-law Liz. I took off running as soon as they said we could. We chased the pig to the fence. It darted left and I fell against the fence. Then to my luck, it turned around right to me and I pounced on it. I won! It was disgusting and I smelled nasty but I won 5 bucks :) After that they had mechanical bull riding (Beckett did that with Aunt Tessa), and a home run derby. Josh participated in that as well. It was a busy night!













The next day we went to the parade, which is always fun. Beforehand, they have a kids parade that Beckett and Harlow were in. Beckett rode his bike, Harlow in her stroller. After the parade we hung out at the park where they had food, bounce houses, and games. That afternoon, we headed to Joes Valley to go boating. It was a packed weekend! The kids had a blast and we love Orangeville Days!


No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}