Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Graduation Celebration Trip: Dominican Republic

Josh & I gifted ourselves a graduation trip. Josh originally surprised me with a trip to Cancun, Mexico about 3 months ago. I was really excited, we had things planned we were going to see and do. Then, about a week before we were to leave I checked the weather. 90% chance of rain EVERYDAY and it said, 'downpour'. Could we be this unlucky? Josh spend 5 hours, literally 5 hours, on the phone with our booking company to change our trip location. Thanks Josh! We got it changed for the same week to the Dominican Republic.

I will say, I wasn't fully prepared at what the Dominican Republic had to offer. I didn't look into it too much because I simply didn't have time. We landed in Santo Domingo and drove about 45 minutes to our resort, Bahia Principe, in La Romana. It was a complete culture shock. They didn't have speed limits, people honked all the time, swerving, and it was a very poor/run down area we drove through. The resort, however, was completely different. It was gorgeous!
 The view from our balcony.


 Exploring the beach outside our resort.



 Altos de Chavon.











 After touring Altos de Chevon, our tour guide took us through an outside market in La Ramona. I didn't have an appetite after seeing the meat-to say the least.

 Lounging and relaxing at our resort. I got used to that pretty quick!

 Catamaran to Saona Island. The ride was almost two hours so we relaxed and danced Merengue.

 Saona island was gorgeous! Crystal clear, warm water! We collected seashells for the kids and drank straight out of a coconut. It doesn't get more island-y than that.


 On the speed boat ride back we stopped in an area where starfish frequent. We picked some up and hung around there for a little bit. It was seriously amazing water.

 The last day of our stay. We soaked it all in.








No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}