Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Early Retirement

Well guys, I've retired. Haha, not really, but that's how we refer to it around here. I have definitely been blessed with this teaching job the last 4 years. I still remember the day I got my job. I interviewed for the Health teaching position at Hillcrest Junior High in Murray exactly 1 week before Beckett was born. The day after we came home from the hospital I got a call-I got the job! I was so excited, especially because the school was close and it was part-time.

This job has really been a blessing for our family. The hours are great, I get the summer off, we've had a steady income while Josh was in school, and it allowed me to work on the craft of teaching. This last year has really been a struggle for me on whether I would continue teaching or not. I have really wanted to be home with the kids for a long time now but wasn't sure when I would/could make the transition. Finally, about 6 months ago we decided that this would be my last school year.

It was a tough decision but I think it was the right one for our family. I am very excited to be home with my kids, especially because Beckett has 1 year left at home before he starts kindergarten. I think i'll have days where I will deeply miss my job but happy I have the option to stay home. It will definitely take time to adjust to our new schedule.

Below are my last goodbye's to my home away from home.

...and a picture of the kids last day of school.
 

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}