Monday, December 16, 2013

Temple Square & More

I can't get enough of the holidays! It has always been my favorite time of year. I have the hardest time waiting until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas. I want to get the most out of it as possible.

Our yearly tradition is going to see the lights at Temple Square (along with almost every other family in Utah). Luckily it wasn't as freezing as I thought it would be. Beckett loved looking at the lights and candy displays at Macy's. It has been a lot of fun this year with Beckett. He understands a lot more and is much more excited than he was last year. I can't wait for him to wake up on Christmas morning!





 After looking at the lights we warmed up with some hot chocolate and goodies from Kneaders at City Creek. While we were there Beckett started pouting about one thing or another and a Kneaders worker saw him. He came over and told Beckett that if he found the elf he would give him candy. That pepped Beckett RIGHT up. They finally found the Elf around a light and turned it in for his candy. B was one happy little man.

Saturday night we had the opportunity to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas Concert downtown. We went with Josh's long time friend, Kirk & his wife Katie. We almost didn't make it in time because of the crazy traffic, but i'm sure glad we did. The concert was great and just what we needed this time of year.
Sunday night, we embarked on a Christmas light drive. The local post officer worker told me about a house nearby that goes all out with their Christmas lights & decorations. We drove by and sure enough-he does go all out!


 
Last weekend I embarked on the journey of getting these chocolate covered oreo's made for neighborhood/etc. gifts. It was a lot more complicated that I originally had thought, mostly because I cannot melt chocolate appropriately if my life depended on it. After Josh made multiple trips to the store I got them done. Phew! In case you're wanting to make these beauties yourself, here are the directions.

Ingredients: Double stuffed oreos, straws/popsicle sticks, white chocolate chips, and frosting (I got the small tubes of gel frosting).

Step 1: Insert your straws into the oreo. I had trouble getting the cookie not to break (this is where Josh comes in to save the day). If you have the same issue, microwave the cookie for 10-15 seconds, then insert the straw.
Step 2: Set up a double-boiler and melt your white chocolate chips. When melted, dip the oreos and cover them completely. Let cool on wax paper or pam covered foil.


Step 3: Decorate them.

Step 4: Package them and you're done!
 
 

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}