Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving Break was amazing...I wished it would have lasted longer! Now Josh & I are back at school and work....slaving away. We can't wait until this hectic semester is over, only 2 1/2 more weeks, yay!!
A little before Thanksgiving break (my last post) I invited my family over to see our place. We had dinner and fondu....played Pictionary and Charades. Oh do I wish I had a picture of my mom acting out 'motorcycle'.
Then, Josh got to play some flag football in the 'turkey bowl'. I went and watched for a little while until I froze to death. However, Josh had to leave the game early because he pulled a muscle. But he did score a touchdown :)
Now, since i'm married and all, I have turned into Mrs. Homemaker. My friend gave me this awesome idea to make an ornament wreath. I couldn't resist the temptation and made it. Now our apartment really sparkles with Christmas spirit ;)
We headed down to Orangeville this year for Thanksgiving. I was a little worried about getting homesick, considering it was my first holiday away from my family. Suprisingly, I did very well. The night before Thanksgiving, Josh's sister Kari dyed my hair brown! It was fun-I needed the change. Plus, blonde jokes don't apply to me anymore. Total win-win situation.
Thanksgiving morning we started off running a 5K in Huntington with a lot of Josh's brothers and sister-in-laws. Josh and I were first timers to running a 5K. I about died with my lungs burning from the freezing air, while Josh got 5th place! Woo hoo! He ran it in about 23 minutes.
Thanksgiving dinner was awesome, and we ate until we were stuffed (obviously). After dinner we went shooting....shot clay things (lol, as you can tell i'm not familiar with this type of activity!). Needless to say, I was horrible. But it was fun to watch the Sharp men getting into it. Overall, very successful break!

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}