Sunday, August 5, 2012

DIY Project

I've been at it again. I have been trying to re-do Beckett's room a little bit and found this inspiration on Pinterest. I thought it was super cute AND useful for everyday use.
 So....I found the same book shelf at Ikea, that was the easy part. The quote on wood was a little bit more time consuming. I got the wood board at The Wood Connection. I found a cute quote I loved from Dr. Seuss, typed it up and found a font I liked. To transfer that onto the wood I cut the quote into lines and covered the back of the paper in chalk, I taped the paper to the wood & traced the letters with pencil. By doing that it transfers the chalk letters onto the wood board so that you can paint it. Way less expensive than vinyl letters! It was very time consuming and tedious to paint all the letters but worth it in the end! Who knows what i'll get myself into next.

1 comment:

Adam and Dev said...

Cute bookshelves and sign! I love crafty stuff like this :)

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}