Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Our 4th of July weekend was busy, busy, busy & full of a few crazy stories. Josh, Beckett & I stayed at my parents house Friday night because we were getting up early the next morning for a 5K. Then we had a problem arise. We put our dog, Romeo, in the backyard & when we went to check on him we realized he had escaped because one of the gates was left open. We started looking for him around the neighborhood but knew it would be hard to find him because he had been acting crazy lately due to the fireworks. I finally thought I heard him barking a block away so I hopped on my sisters bike & rode towards the noise. A jogger stopped & asked if I was looking for a dog, told her yes & she directed me towards a police officer who was trying to catch him. I flagged the police officer down....the police officer then proceeded to tell me that my dog was running everywhere like a mad man & ran right into a car going 25 mph. Before I could freak out I look into the officers back seat....and there is Romeo.....staring at me through the window. The little dog was lucky, he had no scratches, no injuries & was just fine.


Saturday morning (July 2nd) Josh, my Aunt Gina & I got up early and ran the Centerville 5K. There were a lot of people there and it was really fun. I'm not a big runner but I did well and was proud of myself :)
Later that morning we all went to the Centerville Parade, our tradition. It was fun & we had a good time! After the parade we had problem #2. We put Romeo in the backyard again while we all went to get breakfast. We came back (both gates were closed this time) but he had escaped yet again! I thought for sure we wouldn't find him this time-either hit by a car, picked up by the pound, or lost forever. We looked for him again with the help of my cousins. My cousins ended up finding him around the corner. Apparently he was thirsty & tried to get a drink out of a neighbors pool. While attempting this he ended up falling in. The house owners saw him half drowning in the pool & pulled him out. He ran out to the front yard of the house soaking wet & thats when my cousins saw him. That dang dog......




To continue our busy weekend we had Baby Beckett blessed on Sunday.
Monday, July 4th, we went up to the Ogden Country Club to do a little swimming. We had to leave a bit early because it was windy & rainy....not ideal for a baby. We decided to run over to the Sandy 4th of July Festival to check it out since we are Sandy citizens now. We got there right in time for the parade....which was really fun & then went to the festival afterwards. Check out Baby B, he fell asleep at the parade of course & wanted to show his patriotism :)


So that was our busy 4th of July weekend! Can't wait til next year :)

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}