Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baby Beckett is here!

Beckett Todd Sharp

Born: May 6th, 2011

Weight: 7 lbs 12 oz

Height: 19 1/2"


Our baby is finally here! I was quite nervous/anxious for the labor experience before hand but it went much better than expected. I woke up around 12:30 a.m. on the 6th with some pain....woke Josh up & we started timing the contractions. We decided they were real contractions because they weren't letting up and getting closer together. We got to the hospital around 5 a.m. & by about 6 a.m. they had admitted me....and got the epidural. The contractions had gotten super bad by the time we were at the hospital so I was more than happy for the epidural to kick in. I'll say it now & i'll say it again-epidurals were sent from heaven.

So here I am, getting an epidural & the nurse gives me a rough estimate that I should be ready to start pushing around noon. Nope, she came in at 8:30, checked me, said I was ready & that they'd call the doctor in. It was then I started getting freaked out-it was happening! I pushed for 15 minutes & baby Beckett was born at 9:02 a.m.! It was surreal and awesome to see him for the first time. Labor was not what I expected...mostly because it happened so quickly & because that epidural was so fantastic :)

We all came home from the hospital on Sunday, the 8th. Ever since then its been a definite learning experience. You don't know what to expect being first time parents so everyday is a new day. We're loving it & trying to get enough sleep to survive the days!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am happy to share your baby's birthday! But when I read about your "labor" I thought to myself that is not labor! Pushing for 15 minutes and an epidural? Women talk of their 20 hour births. If only I can be so lucky when my time comes.

Adam and Dev said...

Congrats! You had an awesome labor, lucky girl! Glad he is here safe and sound. Him and Tyce need to meet so they can become buddies :) Hope to see you guys soon and good luck with everything.

The Nelson's said...

I'm so happy for the both of you! He is adorable! Enjoy every minute because they grow up so quickly.

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}