Monday, January 31, 2011

The Joys of Pregnancy

Clearly, i've never been pregs before and I wanted to share with you all of the joys (or not so joyful things) i've experience, and begun to experience. I must say its been a ride, its something new almost everyday, most of them make me laugh. For all my buds that haven't been prego yet, here are some things you get to look forward to.....:)

-Losing about 75% of your wardrobe. Or wearing your normal clothes and having your shirts be too short in the front.....or doing the 'elastic band' trick with your jeans. Good times.

-Needing a nap every afternoon, whether you have time or not.

-Getting out of breath easily....as in walking up half a flight of stairs.

-Frequent....and I mean FREQUENT bathroom breaks. We're talking 10 minutes after I lie down to bed or not ever making it through a work out at the gym without a potty break. People say this comes and goes, or just happens in the 3rd trimester. Nope, I've enjoyed this the whole time!

-Enduring the stares of people for a few weeks or months, deciding if you look fat or pregnant. Luckily I just got out of this stage....and now look pregnant. Phew.

-Being a cry baby. We're talking i'm on the treadmill at the gym watching Oprah....and I tear up, counting to 10 multiple times so that I don't really start crying. This has happened more than once. I'd say its a 50/50 chance of me crying while watching Oprah these days.

-Not fitting through small spaces. Example: people were working on a big printer/scanner in a hall at work. They moved so I could get through, nope, still couldn't fit. They laughed and moved the printer for me. Haha, this is probably not only due to my belly, but also my Stapley bubble butt i've been so lucky to have. Now i've got bumps on both sides....no tight spaces for me. Thanks pops :)

-Cravings. Now I haven't really had the 'typical' pregnancy cravings. The only thing I crave sometimes are oranges. Other than that, I want the foods that i've always had cravings for because their 'off limits'....girls, you feel me here....fries, chips, fried foods in general, chocolate. The usual.

-And one of the best pregnancy experiences, feeling my baby move.....all the time. It's awesome.

1 comment:

micah folsom photography said...

i feel ya girl! but it'll all be worth it! and believe it or not... you will sort of miss some of these things when you aren't prego anymore!

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}