Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Moab 2010



This was my first 'jeeping trip' to Moab. I was quite nervous because Josh had taken me in his jeep, by Orangeville, once and I was completely freaked out. I was basically the photographer on this trip, want to know why? You're on solid ground when you're taking pictures :)

Josh's family has been jeeping down there for about 9 years...so their quite used to the idea. They all arrived in Moab on Thursday, Josh & I got there on Friday night because of school & work. We caught them just in time for dinner. Later that night they decided to go on a night trail run called 'the rim'. It was only Josh & I, Dustin & Liz, and his twin sisters-the rest stayed back and went to bed-lucky ;). We headed up to the trail and holy moley, good thing it was dark! The trail was up a side of a mountain on rock, with a river below. You're right next to the cliff most of the time. It being so dark helped me to not freak out so much because I couldn't really see what was going on. The whole time, I kept thinking of how ODD an activity this was. Driving your jeep and seeing how much you can do with it....its crazy. haha. But it was an adventure. I actually ended up jogging beside the jeep for about 70% of that trail that night, it scared me too much to ride in it!
The next day we got up and headed on our trail for the day called, 'Hells Revenge'. It was a long trail through the rocky surfaces of Moab. It's Josh's favorite. It was fun, but man, I definitely could visually see all the dangers that day! The last obstacle of the day was the most intense-(obstacle=difficult/steep/crazy/rock you have to climb with your jeep). I believe it was called the elevator (pic below), but it was this long sort of mini-canyon between two rocks that they tried to get their jeeps up. It took about 2 hrs to get both the jeeps up, Dustin's jeep ended up getting a little scrape, but they both made it! Both of Josh's front wheels came off the ground and one point and I thought he was going to roll over backwards....I am pretty sure I let out a scream at that point. All in all, it was pretty scary, but I got more used to it throughout the day-the pics below speak for themselves!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

It cracks me up to imagine how much you were freaking out during this whole trip... Props to you for getting through it, and props to Josh for putting up with your screaming! :) Looks like a lot of fun, though!

micah folsom photography said...

oh my gosh.. that looks nuts! how fun though!

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}