Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Honeymooners!

Hola! Josh & I flew back in from our cruise a few days ago, I wish it would have lasted much longer! We had a blast and it was just what we needed.

We flew to San Diego and boarded our ship there (it was gigantic! And beautiful, AND an ecofriendly! haha). We hung out on board that day, checked everything out, layed by the pool....you know...the good stuff. The next day we stopped at our first port, Ensenada. It was awesome waking up and looking outside to the beautiful Mexican coastline. Josh & I went on a tour/hike through the Mexican 'wine country'. It wasn't EXACTLY what we expected (a little dried up and not green) but it was good to get out and see different parts of the city. After the hike we shopped around and ate lunch downtown.
Our next port was Cabo, b-e-a-utiful! Our ship was parked right in the middle of the bay and we took little boats to shore. That morning we went kayaking and snorkeling. It was fun but there were jellyfish everywhere, I mean everywhere! Almost everyone we went with got stung (minus me, thank goodness), even Josh got stung on his back when he was snorkeling. After we recovered, we walked around that beach (Lovers Beach and Pelican Rock) and took pictures. The remainder of the day we walked around Cabo, ate lunch (delicious), and shopped.....Oh....and did I mention that we practically where sweating to death? lol, it was super, super humid and very warm...but well worth it.



The rest of the days were spent at sea on the ship. Very relaxing to say the least; we layed by the pool, had Pina Coladas, ate delicious food, and watched a bunch of shows in the ships theater. I was sad to come home, but all good vacations have to come to an end.
The night we flew home I ran into some trouble (this is a little side story). Josh & I had driven seperately and on my way home to Orem my car completely broke down, I barely made it off the freeway before it completely stopped. If you know me well then you know that I don't do well in scary driving/car situations. I was in the middle of the offramp, my car wouldn't move, and yes....I started bawling. This nice man helped me push my car off the road and within 2 minutes (seriously!) Josh's dad and brother pulled up to help (they happened to be in the area when Josh called them to help). They were all troopers, Josh included, and helped fix my car in the pouring rain. Thank you thank you!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Your trip looks like it was so much fun! I've gotten stung by a jellyfish once, and it was awful... so I feel Josh's pain. I'm surprised you even got in the water with all the jellyfish, Tay! Stong work. But everything looks beautiful and seems like you had a blast! I hope things are going well as you settle into your new home- can't wait to see it sometime!

CHAR AND TREV said...

ah im sorry about your car! that is not fun! i had to pull over on the freeway last week.. my muffler fell off:) haha! i was freaking out & had to sit in my car on the freeway & wait for trevor to come find me.. then had it towed away!

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}