Friday, May 29, 2009

We're Engaged!


Hello everyone! Welcome to the blog of the future Josh & Taylor Sharp! Woo hoo! We got engaged last Saturday-May 23rd and it went a little something like this:

I met Josh up in Logan to spend the weekend with him and to hang out with his family up there. As soon as I got there we went and visited his brothers new house that he is building and then up to second dam. For those of you who don't know....second dam is up the canyon and it's really pretty! There is a boardwalk around the water and cute places to have a picnic. We walked around there for a little while, then chilled out on a bridge that overlooked the water. We were there for a while (later discovering that Josh was stalling). We then left and started walking back along the boardwalk-I got distracted and pulled josh under trees to look at the picnic area when I hear a loud BOOM. I scram, haha, then looked back at these huge fireworks in the air. Josh pulled me by the water to look at them...then when I turned around he was on his knee. I freaked out and so did Josh ;) He dropped half my ring when opening the box, but that adds character to the story, right? haha. He asked me to marry him and of course i said yes! I was freaking out the rest of the night and he couldn't have made me happier! So an insight-the reason he stalled on the bridge is because his brothers were supposed to light the fireworks while we were on the bridge...but their cell phone service wasn't the best. But that all didn't matter....cause it was perfect!

We're gettin' hitched September 25th....ya'll better be there!!

3 comments:

Josh and Maddi Andersen said...

Congrats to you guys! We are so happy for you! We hope we can make it home for your wedding. We have a blog too but its private. E-mail me your e-mail address to maddiandersen@yahoo.com if ya wanna join!

Unknown said...

That is so exciting! I love happy endings like this. Where are you guys getting married? Are you going to live up in Logan? What are your plans? I heart you!

Andrew said...

who's building a house? is it Zac?


oh congrats on the ring and stuff... fireworks are awesome...


ever heard of pop n pins?!

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}