Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bad Parenting 101

There is a story about Beckett that is just too funny not to share. First of all, i'm going to blame the following story ALL on Josh :)

Beckett is at an age where he is picking up everything, mannerisms, words, everything. A few weeks ago Beckett was getting in trouble for something (I don't remember the details), Beckett didn't like that so he yelled out "Dammit!" Josh and I just looked at each other. Did he say what we think he said?! Then, he continued to yell, "Dammit, dammit", just as clear as day. Yep, our 23 month old has just picked up a swear word from his parents. Parent of the year award.

Since then we have tried EVERYTHING to get this word out of his vocabulary. We have tried to ignore, we have tried to guide him to say "don't" instead, we have told him no. Nothing is working! It also doesn't help our case that we laugh half of the time he says it because, let's be honest, it's funny! Now the good part of the story. We were at church the other day, sitting in sacrament meeting, sitting towards the back. Beckett was being a pretty good boy the whole time until he started throwing some things on the floor. Josh got after him, told him no and to pick them up. Then, without warning, Beckett YELLS, "Dammit! Dammit!"
I pick Beckett up, covered his mouth and tried to control my laughter. Beckett keeps yelling, "Dammit! Dammit!" So I run with him out to the foyer. Oh my, what an awful moment. Here I am, a first time mom, and my son is already swearing at church.

Luckily, he hasn't said it since then.....let's hope we keep it that way and this can just be a funny story to look back on :)

Here is a picture of our culprit. This is his new thing.....socks on hands and no pants or diaper. He will be 2 in less than a month!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious! I am seriously dying. And in your new ward too! haha Love it

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}