Saturday, March 17, 2012

Delicioso Recipe

I found this recipe online (via Pinterest), made it last night, yummm! So good (and pretty healthy) that I thought i'd share.
Smoky Corn & Black Bean Pizza
6 servings
-1 tomato, diced
-1 C canned black beans, rinsed
-1 C fresh corn kernels (I used frozen & cooked them)
-2 tabelspoons cornmeal
-1 pound whole wheat pizza dough (I used the refrigerated kind, didn't like it-the pizza dough that you make from a box is good, or homemade which I do when I have time)
-BBQ sauce
-Mozarella cheese, shredded
Combine tomato, beans, and corn. Sprinkle cornmeal on a baking sheet & lay the stretched out pizza dough on top. Spread BBQ sauce on the dough, as much as you'd like (I like it a bit thicker, 1 C), mozarella on top of the sauce. Then sprinkle with tomato mixture. So, the directions are to grill the pizza but since it's still winter I baked it like normal. 425 for 15 minutes.
Grilling directions: (medium heat) AFTER patting cornmeal on the bottom of the crust, transfer it directly to the grill for 4-5 minutes, lid closed. Using a large spatula, flip the crust & top the pizza. Close the grill and cook for another 4-5 minutes.

No comments:

{The life and love we create is the life and love we live}